Introduction to foiling
Metallic Foil Printing
The most commonly associated type of printing with the hot foil/stamping method. This involves putting metallic colours onto a variety of substrates (The material you are printing onto eg:- paper or card) Gold and Silver are of course the most popular colours as you would expect, but there are approx another 30-40 other metallic colours available to choose from should you so wish.
Matt and Gloss Foils
A wide range of colours are available across the whole spectrum. White foil can have stunning effects on Black and dark backgrounds. Also foil can be used on very thick items that the Litho Process can not accommodate.
Embossing and Debossing
Most people get this very confused. Embossing is when you raise an item up and out of a page, piece of card or item. Whereas Debossing is the opposite and you physically stamp into an item and create an indent. Most people get this confused and the wrong way around.
We are happy to undertake both embossing and debossing jobs to an area upto approx 4 to 5 inches square. .
Debossing is also a very practical process and particularly blind debossing ( indenting a material with out the use of foil) can look stunning on the fronts of thick brochure covers and Diaries where you have enough thickness in the material to be able to create a permanent impression.
- Rare Opportunity to Work in a Letterpress Print Shop
- UKRAINE APPEAL
- Family poster
- Covid#3 – Week 5 Letterpress Update
- Covid#3 – Week 4 update Letterpress
- Covid#3 – Week 1 update Letterpress
- A6 Letterpress Promo Pads
- 50th anniversary of Rufford Printing Company
- INTERTYPE POSTERS
- COVID 19 UPDATE
- HOLIDAYS 2020
- SOCIAL DISTANCING FLOOR STICKERS
- CORONAVIRUS UPDATE- The presses still roll on but…
- 50th YEAR ANNIVERSARY
- HALF TERM ACTIVITY
- Typewriters cant be Hacked
- LETTERPRESS OPEN DAY April 14 2018
- Letterpress Open Day April 2018- Pictures
- Letterpress Open Day preparations
- Letterpress Open Day prep…14th April 2018
- Letterpress bag production
- Letterpress Open Day Spring 2018
- OPEN DAY Sat Nov 4th 2017
- Cedar Farm Summer Celebrations
- Open Day May 2017- Dont forget! Letterpress Alive